Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Location: Overtown - Scotland
Working hours: 38hrs p/w
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
The Workshop Manager will oversee engineering operations at the depot, including fleet and environmental management, ensuring compliance with regulations. They'll engage with frontline staff, fostering effective communication and recognition. Operating within the Divisional Engineering Steering Group's framework, they'll ensure depot adherence to standard policies and procedures.
- Do you hold a Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)?
- Are you proficient in using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders?
- Are you willing to undertake any training and development activities at the request of the line manager?
- Do you have experience using computer-aided engineering planning platforms?
- Have you got experience using System Applications and Products (SAP) software?
Rewards & Benefits
- We offer Simply Health & Smart Health for you and your dependents at no cost to you! This offering includes cash back benefits across optical & dental as well as virtual GP appointments, mental health support and nutrition and fitness advise. Our EAP provision offers 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
- Discounts on high street brands and supermarkets etc
- Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service as well, as a FREE bus pass
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted FirstGroup shares
- Access to First Bus University to help in your career development
- Refer a Friend Bonus paying up to £3,000.
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Interested? Apply Today!