Schedules and Network Officer
Position Title: Schedules & Networks Officer
Reports to: Network Revenue Manager
Location: Reading (Hybrid)
The Schedules & Network Officer is an integral part of the Local Business Unit (LBU) commercial function, primarily focusing on efficiency and stakeholder relationships.
The Schedules & Network Officer will act with integrity and role model First Bus values and behaviours (‘our way') across their business units and the broader business; and through effective leadership and stakeholder management, they will ensure the needs of local authorities, investors, customers, partners, and colleagues are met.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Create duties in an efficient manner, maximising business efficiency and complying with local schedule agreements for onward checking by the Network Revenue Manager.
- Liaise closely with the Network team to ensure 2-way feedback on Driver efficiency and Network plans.
- Develop a sound understanding of the scheduling system(s), including updating key preferences and constraints that drive the driver's duty optimisation.
- Compile duties and rosters within legal and locally agreed constraints, with depot-level responsibilities to be agreed upon with the Network Revenue Manager.
- Be the point of contact for Operations colleagues and Trade Union colleagues relating to depots under sphere of ownership. With support from the Network Revenue Manager, agree on the legality of duties with local Trade Union representatives.
- Relating to depots under the sphere of ownership, monitor schedules efficiency to ensure that costs are controlled and delegated authorities are adhered to. Ensure that duties costs remain within control, balancing business needs for driver retention.
- Produce outputs for all other systems as required by the business and update them as appropriate, including EPM, DAS, Ticketer and BODS, ensuring a high-quality standard of information is delivered to required deadlines.
- Maintain strong links with internal stakeholders, encouraging their input to highlight problem areas within the Scheduling function output and informing them of changes to be made.
- Assist with preparing tender bids for submission, with support from the Network Revenue Manager where required.
- Where appropriate, deputising for the Network Revenue Manager.
- Other duties commensurate with the role as may be deemed appropriate by the Network Revenue Manager.
- Be highly numerate and data-driven, with an awareness of scheduling, optimisation, and workforce planning fundamentals.
- Understanding of scheduling and the Optibus scheduling system is preferred, though not essential.
- Geographical knowledge of the areas of operation and responsibility is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to meet agreed timescales.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Scheduled efficiency.
- Driver turnover.
- Employee engagement.
Rewards & Benefits
- Your health is important to us which is why we offer Simply Health & Smart Health for you and your dependents at no cost to you! This offering includes cash back benefits across optical & dental as well as virtual GP appointments, mental health support and nutrition and fitness advise. Our EAP provision offers 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
- We are also committed to your financial wellbeing, and we offer a platform with many discounts on high street brands and supermarkets etc
- Working at First you also receive discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service as well as a free bus pass
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Flexible working
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving your application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.