Revenue Performance Analyst
First Bus are recruiting a Revenue Performance Analyst to join the Divisional Revenue Team based in Leeds during a transformative period in the bus industry.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello! First Bus is one of the country's largest bus operators – taking 1.5 million customers to their destinations every day. We're a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile Apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
The position will support the Revenue team in providing analysis and insight to the business on all aspects of revenue performance. The role will primarily be responsible for supporting two of our biggest Business Units in Scotland and North & West Yorkshire at a time when growth and innovation are key aspects of the business strategy.
The successful candidate will play a big part in data led commercial decision-making with influence across senior internal stakeholders, and enable improved performance analysis, insight, and growth, along with contributing to the success of our customer strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Full understanding of individual market performance and knowledge of all sales channels, ticket mix and demographics
- Regular contact with local Commercial Team to provide analysis and insight to the Commercial Plan
- Gain detailed knowledge of local trends and ability to advise on proactive interventions using data & analysis as a foundation.
- Voice of the Business Unit in Commercial App development and ensure user needs are fulfilled.
- Full Analysis on U22 Concessions Scheme in Scotland
- Assess new funding schemes and understand the impact to make localised recommendations for continuation or exit strategy.
- Ensuring detailed knowledge of Concessions agreements to assist on negotiation and agreement.
- Ad Hoc analysis on Commercial priorities defined by business unit.
- Understand the need and relevance of reports and data requested by external stakeholders.
- Improve the knowledge and use of Power BI/Data Warehouse to instil confidence in the data & analysis produced.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure revenue allocation is accurate across depots and ensure robust performance reporting based on Commercial activity of the business.
- Assist in working on detailed budgets and forecasts.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience of working in an analytical role for 4+ years
- Thorough, inquisitive and innovative mindset, with ability to think outside the box and question the norm
- Self-motivated, with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical mindset with broad commercial acumen and thought leadership, to generate meaningful, actionable insights on performance
- Advanced Excel skills and Power BI literate
- Experience of effectively analysing problems and data, paying high attention to detail, and presenting solutions and information in a meaningful way to a diverse range of audiences.
- High levels of resilience with ability to take input and direction to run with a task, working on own initiative.
- Confidence in working alongside senior leaders in the business
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working
- Free company bus travel pass on joining for you and your family
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Programme – Mental Health support 24hrs/365days a year
- First Xclusives – High street and supermarket discounts, including discounted cinema tickets
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving your application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.