PSV Auto Electrician
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Hourly pay rate: £16.02 p/h based on 40hr working week
- Monday to Friday 6am till 14:30 week 1
- Tuesday to Saturday 6am till 14:30 week 2
We are looking for a vehicle Electrician to join us in Doncaster. Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Electrician position could just be the job for you!
We'd love to hear from if you have a Level 3 NVQ qualification or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) as a minimum qualification with proven on the job experience. If you're ex-military with an apprenticeship engineering qualification, or an experienced engineer looking for a transition, then we would love to hear from you too.
About the role
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used.
- Carry out vehicle servicing.
- Be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems including engine management, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, electronic braking, suspension, electronic destinations, multiplex wiring systems and E.C.U.
- Be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometres, vernier gauges and E.C.U. diagnostic computer equipment.
We'll provide your overalls (PPE).
- Do you possess a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2)?
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Argos, Asda, Sainsburys
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Hull Trains
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme paying up to £3,000
Diverse Minds, United Connections: Empowering Every Professional Journey.