Network Revenue Manager
Job Title: Network Revenue Manager
Reports to: Head of Network
Location: Reading (Hybrid)
Basic Purpose of Role:
The Network Revenue Manager role is an integral part of the business, and the focus is on service profitability, punctuality, quality and efficiency.
The role holder will look to optimise supply and demand using data and be a key advocate for using technology to improve business performance.
- Lead the local Network Planning function within a divisional framework and be a key advocate of data and technology and automation of processes.
- Accountable for service profitability and driving profitability improvement at a bus service level.
- Accountable for monitoring and improving punctuality performance through the use of advanced technology (Prospective IO).
- Monitor the performance of the road network within the Local Business Unit and target local authorities for improvements to improve overall journey speed and reduce variability.
- To identify local network growth initiatives through analysis and assist with smooth implementation, delivering national network development opportunities at a local level.
- Maximise revenue opportunities and cost efficiencies through optimal vehicle fleet deployment and assist with implementing divisional decarbonisation program within the local operating company.
- Work with the divisional pricing team to ensure pricing positively impacts network profitability and forms part of network improvement plans.
- Work proactively in solving problems to meet business core objectives, demonstrating a ‘can-do' attitude.
- Maintain strong links with key internal stakeholders, including commercial, finance, depot leadership teams, revenue, marketing, PR and customer services
- Lead conversations with local authorities on network activity, providing data-led evidence to support proposals and drive performance improvement.
- Produce network or route development proposals with full cost/benefit analysis for the Head of Network and Commercial Director for sign-off or onward referral and lead on post-implementation reviews of actions.
- Manage the preparation of tender bids for submission with recommendations to the operating company Senior Leadership team and monitor ongoing performance.
- Ensure that all bus service registrations are done in a timely manner.
- Use customer insights and feedback to optimise the network and enhance customer satisfaction.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Outstanding commercial awareness and customer-centric focus.
- Sound financial understanding and should be able to demonstrate experience in performing cost/benefit analysis.
- Experience in motivating and leading colleagues - including those working cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication skills – both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to provide recommendations based on data.
- Aptitude to build and maintain stakeholder relations - indicative of a professional leader.
- Displays a strategic mindset that delivers results in line with business objectives.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Route Profitability.
- Network & Patronage Growth.
Rewards & Benefits
- Your health is important to us which is why we offer Simply Health & Smart Health for you and your dependents at no cost to you! This offering includes cash back benefits across optical & dental as well as virtual GP appointments, mental health support and nutrition and fitness advise. Our EAP provision offers 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
- We are also committed to your financial wellbeing, and we offer a platform with many discounts on high street brands and supermarkets etc
- Working at First you also receive discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service as well as a free bus pass
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Flexible working
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving your application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.