Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Full-Time 38 hrs p/week
Hourly rate: £14p/h
Rotating shifts: Monday to Friday 7am-3pm, overtime available.
We are currently seeking a skilled Coachbuilder/Body Technician to join our busy Engineering team!
Coachbuilders are an essential part of our team who ensure that all our vehicles are in a safe and roadworthy condition for our customers.
We'd love to hear from if you have a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
About the role
The primary responsibilities of this coachbuilder/ vehicle body technician include conducting PSV vehicle bodywork repairs and maintenance in line with Central Engineering SOP's, diagnosing body faults, performing collision and vandalism repairs, addressing routine inspection findings and defect cards, painting minor bodywork repairs, handling fibreglass bodywork, and documenting repairs for third-party insurance claims.
We'll provide your overalls and equipment needed to get the job done.
- Do you have a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent, with proven coachbuilding experience?
- Do you have welding experience?
- Have you working experience in vehicle accident repair and painting for PSV/HGV vehicles?
- A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Asda, Argos, Tesco
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, Southwestern Railway, Avanti, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares.
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme paying up to £3,000
- First Bus University Program to help develop and progress your career across the wider business
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Interested? Apply Today!