Location: Bristol (Lawrence Hill)
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Salary: £41,000 p/a
Working hours: 39 per week, and the shifts are 4 on 4 off.
We're committed to a journey where everyone is welcome, valued, and heard. Together, we're building a better, more inclusive future, one route at a time. Join us as a Chargehand and we'll take your engineering skills to the next level with the use of our First Bus University program. Apply today and find out more.
About the role
As the Chargehand, you will ensure strong teams are built in the depot, by consistently delivering a great service everyday.
What will you be doing?
- To monitor the daily running of the depot and all engineering staff, and supervising in the absence of the Workshop Planner and Engineering Supervisor
- To carry out repairs and diagnosis on vehicles as required.
- To fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with First Bus policies.
- To allocate planned and unplanned work to engineering staff..
- Liaise with the operations department to deal with changeovers and breakdowns
- Management of vehicle cleaning, fuelling, oil checks and parking.
- Processing vehicle defect cards in line with engineering standard operating procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Do you have at minimum, a level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) relevant to HGV/PSV Repair?
- Are you in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required?
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed (PPE).
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Argos, Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Interested? Apply today.